Search is a great way to locate content, people and places in the community. Here are the top 3 ways to make your search more accurate and find the content you’re seeking.
- Enclose your search phrase in quotes. A search for in quotes is going to return content with that phrase if it is in the community.
- Choose the location that the content lives. Choose the group, space or project that the content lives within the community to return results only from that location.
- Choose the time period during which the content you’re looking for was last changed. Select a value from the When options. Was it within the last month? Last year?
Additional tips for getting the most out of your searches include enter your search terms in certain ways. You can search for content that contains:
- Certain words, but not necessarily all of the words in order.
- Certain words in a certain order.
- Words with certain letters in them.
- Search for Filenames.
- Terms that are pretty close to the one you enter.
- Certain words near each other.
- this word OR that word; this word AND that word
- Content in a particular place, such as the subject or attachment text
- Sorted results by popularity.
You can exclude certain words.
You can also:
- Boost content with certain words upwards in the results list.
- Include special characters in your search phrase.