Tags help us keep the community organized and make content easier to find. Think of tags as category names, so use any keyword or keywords that make sense.
To assign tags to a status update:
1. Select Activity or Create and Status Updates.
2. Enter your status update in the field that states “What’s going on?”
3. Type # before the keyword or keywords you would like to use as tags.
To assign tags to discussion:
1. Select Start a discussion.
2. Enter the discussion and description.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page to Tags.
4. Think of the keywords, or tags, you would use to search for this content and review existing tags listed in the suggestion box. Existing tags are often assigned to related content, so it’s good practice to use them.
5. For new tags, enter them in the field below Tags. To use multi-word tags, use an underscore to separate words.
To make tagging easier, change your user preferences to enable on-the-fly tagging. Click the icon next to your name in the upper right corner, select preferences and turn on Quick Tagging Mode. Lastly, click Save.