Tags help us keep the community organized and make content easier to find. Think of tags as category names, so use any keyword or keywords that make sense.
To assign tags to a status update:
- Select Activity or Create and Status Updates.
- Enter your status update in the field that states “What’s going on?”
- Type # before the keyword or keywords you would like to use as tags.
To assign tags to all other content in the community, including discussions, documents, blogs and videos:*
- Start creating the content
- Under Tags just before Advanced options enter tags to make your content easier to find:
- Think of the keywords, or tags, you would use to search for this content and review existing tags listed in the suggestion box. Existing tags are often assigned to related content, so it’s good practice to use them.
- For new tags, enter them in the field below Tags and for each tag, including multi-word tags (Please note that underscores are no longer needed for this effective June 6, 2014), hit enter to assign it to the content. For example, the tags on this document would be entered as:
tagging > Enter > tags > Enter > what are tags > Enter
After entering the tags, publish your content to the community.
To make tagging easier, change your user preferences to enable on-the-fly tagging. Click your name in the upper right corner, select Preferences and turn on Quick Tagging Mode. Lastly, click Save.
* Revised 6/5/14 for the 2014 upgrade and effective on 6/6/14.